The Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative (WEI) is the only municipally funded program of its kind initiated through the intergovernmental agreement between the City of Atlanta and Atlanta’s economic development authority, Invest Atlanta. WEI offers early stage startups a tactical approach to business strategy focused on market entry and growth through the following components:
- A 15-month Incubator program where the WEI Entrepreneurs have access to practical business education, mentorship engagement, financial literacy assistance and business support services, including co-location at the collaborative WEI Incubator space in downtown Atlanta at the historic Flatiron Building.
- 4-Pillar Programming focused on Business Analysis, Leadership Development, Strategic Partnerships, and Funding Opportunities.
The goal for graduates of the program is to be equipped with the skills to achieve sustainable growth and success for their business, ultimately contributing to economic development within Atlanta.
- Number of startups incubated: 45
- Jobs created by WEI businesses: 370+
- Total capital raised by WEI businesses: $2.1 million+
- Number of WEI businesses with yearly revenues over $1 million: 3
- Number of WEI businesses with yearly revenues over $100k: 8
- Total revenue in 2020 for WEI businesses: over $7.5 million