Women in the Workplace
“Women in the Workplace” is an online platform of economic development resources specific to women. The platform is presented by The Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative (WEI) in partnership with Invest Atlanta, WorkSource Atlanta, The Mayor’s Office of International Affairs (MOIA) and One Atlanta. Our agency consortium identifies, mobilizes and spotlights the very best partner solutions targeting gaps in Atlanta’s underserved communities made evident by the COVID-19 pandemic. The platform addresses five (5) main topics specific to women:
- Economic Mobility presented by WorkSource Atlanta
- Mental Health presented by One Atlanta
- Entrepreneurship presented by the Women's Entrepreneurship Initiative (WEI)
- Families & Childcare presented by the Mayor's Office of International Affairs (MOIA)
- Capital Investment & Resource Allotment presented by Invest Atlanta
“Women in the Workplace” allows for on-demand virtual roundtable presentations relevant to these critical topics, as well as tactical resources accessible through the platform’s online marketplace. WEI collects the data on event attendance and resource distribution; then reports to partners agencies to calculate impact. The platform launched in September 2021 and will continue through December 2022.
All marketplace and roundtable items can be found on the Women in the Workplace platform at this link. Some of the great roundtables available on the platform include:
- “How WorkSource Atlanta Can Work for Women”
- "Supporting Women's Emotional Wellness in the Workplace"
- “Gender Equity in Entrepreneurship”
- “Venture Atlanta on “Women & The Funding Gap”"
- “Cultural Innovation in Entrepreneurship"
- “The Future of Work: Small Biz & The Gig Economy”
- "‘Inform Women Transform Lives’ meets ‘Women in the Workplace’"
- “Empowering Mothers & Communities”
- "Considering Capital: Financial Preparedness"
- "Considering Capital: Financial Readiness"
Click here to access roundtables and marketplace items.