Women in the Workplace
“Women in the Workplace” is a hybrid roundtable and marketplace event presented by The Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative (WEI) in partnership with Invest Atlanta, WorkSource Atlanta, The Mayor’s Office of International Affairs (MOIA) and One Atlanta. The campaign kicks off with a full week of events highlighting citywide programs plus resources specific to women. Our agency consortium identifies, mobilizes and spotlights the very best partner solutions targeting gaps in Atlanta’s underserved communities made evident by the COVID-19 pandemic. After the kick-off event, monthly programming anchored by national initiatives and coordinated with local partners continues the momentum serving women throughout The City. The “Women in the Workplace” initiative will address five (5) main topics:
- Economic Mobility presented by WorkSource Atlanta
- Mental Health presented by One Atlanta
- Entrepreneurship presented by the Women's Entrepreneurship Initiative (WEI)
- Families & Childcare presented by the Mayor's Office of International Affairs (MOIA)
- Capital Investment & Resource Allotment presented by Invest Atlanta
Each day will have a variety of panel discussions, resources, and marketplace items specific to the topic of the day. Join for some of the day, all of the day, or whatever works for your schedule. Information and resources will also be available on demand to all participants. Please see the schedule below.
Monday, Sept 13th Economic Mobility presented by WorkSource Atlanta
- 11am: “How WorkSource Atlanta Can Work for Women”
- 12pm-2pm: Goodwill Virtual Career Fair
Tuesday, Sept 14th Mental Health presented by One Atlanta
- 1pm: "Supporting Women's Emotional Wellness in the Workplace"
Wednesday, Sept 15th Entrepreneurship presented by WEI
- 9am: “Gender Equity in Entrepreneurship”
- 11am: "Venture Atlanta on “Women & The Funding Gap”"
- 1pm: "Cultural Innovation in Entrepreneurship"
- 3pm: "“The Future of Work: Small Biz & The Gig Economy”
Thursday, Sept 16th Families & Childcare presented by MOIA
- 11am: "‘Inform Women Transform Lives’ meets ‘Women in the Workplace’"
- 1pm: “Empowering Mothers & Communities”
Friday, Sept 17th Capital Investment & Resource Allotment presented by Invest Atlanta
- 11am: "Considering Capital: Financial Preparedness"
- 1pm: "Considering Capital: Financial Readiness"
"Women in the Workplace" will be held virtually on The Labz platform. Click here to access the event!